Monday, February 6, 2012

Poetry paragraph.

It was the middle of eighth grade when I was first introduced to poetry. We had a poetry segment at Roosevelt Middle School. I thought it was pretty cool but it was not the thing for me. We studied the aspects of how to write a poem and we had a chance to write some of our own. We had to do some exercises to help us with coming up with topics to write about. We were suppose to do a portfolio of all the different poems we did but we got too caught up in the work we did not have time to do one. We had to pick one poem from Shel Silverstein and remember the whole thing and we had to re-read the poem we picked in front of the whole class. Overall it was a pretty cool segment in my eighth grade class and I am glad I learn some poetry,

1 comment:

  1. Which Shel Silverstein poem did you select? Many of my previous students have said that he is their favorite poet. I have a few of his books somewhere.

    ReplyDelete